25 Tips for Stunning Portrait
1. Alter your perspective, completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a wow factor.
2. Play with eye contact.
3. Focus should be on eyes.
4. Looking within the frame.
5. Break the rule of thirds.
6. Experiment with lights.
7. Move your subject out of their comfort zone.
8. Shoot candidly.
9. Introduce a prop.
10. Focus upon one body part- get close up.
11. Obscure part of your subject.
12. Take a series of shoots.
13. Frame your subject.
14. Play with background.
15. Hold your camera on an angle.
16. Take unfocused shoots sometimes.
17. Introduce moment.
18. Experiment with subject expressions.
19. Fill the frame.
20. Decide what the shoot is for.
22. Looking off camera.
23. Getting your positioning right.
24. Use the light to your advantage.
25. Window shots.