1. Point of view:- Try a different point of view rather than the normal face-on-photo. Wait until they’re doing something sweet & try a shoot of what they are doing.
2. Something to do:- Hand them a toy or get them involved in an activity and wait until they’re engrossed before you start shooting.
3. Cropping:- Give your subject a space to look into. If they’re facing or starring into a certain direction, give some negative space on that part of the photo to give the viewer a sense that they are present in the moment. It makes you wonder what are they looking at?
4. Get sporty:- Sports mode is best for for children.
5. Make them scream:- Tell them to scream or shout something like ‘no’ rather than cheese.
6. Get down:- Everyone knows that kids are little. Get down and shoot on their level. See what the world looks like from there.