15 most powerful photos ever taken
1. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
2. Starving boy and missionary
3. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
4. People gather water from a huge well in the village of Natwarghad in the western Indian state of Gujarat. More than 1 billion people still lack access to clean drinking water.
5. Flower power
6. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011
7. Agim Shala, is passed through a barbed wire fence into the hands of his grandparents at a camp run by United Arab Emirates in Albania as members of the Shala family are reunited after fleeing Kosovo
8. A curious Afghan girl holds the hand of an American soldier.
9. Sally Mann
10. Thania Sayne leans on the headstone of her husband the day before their wedding anniversary on 16 October 2013.
11. Australian Scott Jones kisses his Canadian girlfriend Alex Thomas after she was knocked to the ground by a police officer’s riot shield in Vancouver, British Columbia. Canadians rioted after the Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins.
12. U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman HM1 Richard Barnett, assigned to the 1st Marine Division, holds a child after she was separated from her family during a firefight.
13. The Hubble Telescope takes a picture of what the universe looked like 13 billion years ago
14. An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers.
15. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943